Sportoora has a meaningful vision – to encourage people to regularly work out and to spend their leisure time actively. All our services and activities are directed towards this goal.
We care deeply about your privacy. We treat your data with great care and comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the law governing the protection of personal data.
The controller of the filing system is the company Sportoora d.o.o., Pregljeva 3, 1230 Domžale, registration number 8195196000.
The words “we”, “our”, “us” and “Sportoora” refer to Sportoora d.o.o. (“provider”) and our services, and the words “you”, “your” and similar refer to the users of Sportoora services and all contributors of content to our platforms (“users”).
As the user, you decide which data you want to share with others. You may request to consult, delete, correct, limit the processing, demand portability or object to the processing of the personal data on you that we keep.
The data we collect help us provide our services and offer you a good user experience.
Your personal data such as first name, last name or email address are never sold or shared with third parties in any other way. But in the event the provider is acquired by another company, all the data will be transferred to the acquirer.
- Processor of personal data: Processor means the company Sportoora d.o.o., which determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data (“organization”).
- Contractual data processor means a legal or physical person entrusted by the processor with certain tasks concerning the processing of your personal data.
- Unregistered user of Sportoora services: A user who accesses content on Sportoora platform that is accessible to all, not just to registered users.
- Personal data: Any data referring to a user of Sportoora services or user of online content and services.
- User support: User support is a service facilitating communication between the processor and users of programming solutions or users of other online content and services.
- Rules on the protection of personal data is an internal rulebook on the protection of personal data adopted by the processor or contractual processor of personal data.
- Personal consent of the data subject is a statement by an individual to the effect that their personal data may be processed for certain purposes, freely given based on the information that the personal data processor must make available according to the law governing protection of personal data; personal consent may be provided in writing, orally or in another appropriate way.
2. Data protection officer
3. The data we collect
3.1 Unregistered users
We invite you to become registered users to gain access to all functionalities offered by Sportoora. If you do not want to create a user profile, you can access the content which is accessible without registration.
The data we collect on unregistered users is very limited. We log your IP address to be able to address any server problems, compile statistics about the use of our services, and improve the user experience. Regardless of whether your IP address is different every time you visit our site or always the same, it would be very difficult for us to use it to identify you, nor do we attempt that. If you have arrived at our site by clicking a link or advertisement on another site, we log this information. This allows us to better understand the interests of our users and improve the online presence of our services. All the collected data is aggregated and collected in our database, where we analyse them at aggregate level, never for individual users. We also collect data with the analytical tool Google Analytics Solutions.
3.2 Registered users
Registered users may use all the Sportoora functionalities available to unregistered users as well as functionalities accessible only with a user profile.
If you become a registered user, we will collect your personal data along with the information we collect for unregistered users. All the data we collect on registered users is intended for the proper functioning of the Sportoora service – for the user profile, connecting with friends, and improving the user experience:
- Data that you enter at registration
- Mandatory data: First name, last name, date of birth, email address
- Data on animal profile: Mandatory user data plus ownership of the animal and hence its user profile
- Data that you enter in your user profile
- Mandatory data: Data that you entered during registration (all data except for username may be changed at any time)
- Optional data: Telephone number, address, school, job, website, link to profile on other social networks, profile and cover photo (you decide which of these data you will enter and share with others)
- Content that you post in your user profile:
We collect the content and other information that you enter when you use our services. Aside from the data you submit during registration, we also collect content that you post, share, message or communicate with others. This may include data on how you use our services, for example which content you have viewed, in which interactions you have participated, how frequently and how long you use our services. When you post a sports activity, we record:
the type of activity, duration, date and beginning of activity, your comment about the activity, additional photos, tagged location and tagged friends you were active with.
- Content that others post in their user profile:
Sportoora allows you to connect with friends, which means others may post content connected with you, for example a shared activity or a photo of you. Data that we collect also includes content that others post.
- Interactions with other users
Sportoora displays third-party ads, but we never share identifiable information with such third parties. We keep a timestamped log of ads you have been shown along with the data on whether you have clicked an ad, tagged it, or commented or shared it in your profile.
- Data from the analytical tool Google Analytics Solutions
- Data on the operating system, hardware version, device settings, name and types of files and software, battery health, signal strength, and device ID.
- Location of device you use to access Sportoora, including certain geographical location data, for example from GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals.
- Connection data such as name of mobile operator or internet service provider, type of browser, language, time zone, mobile device number, and IP address.
You always have the option of accepting or rejecting cookies. If you reject cookies, you will not be able to register your user profile. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change that in the browser settings by opting to reject cookies or receiving notifications before cookies are stored.
For information about cookie settings, click the name of your browser:
Cookies help us provide, secure and improve Sportoora services, for example with personalized content, customization and measurement of ads, and provide a safer experience. While we may occasionally change the cookies that we use when we improve or update our services, we use them for the following purposes:
- Identification: If you are signed into Sportoora, cookies help us personalize your user experience and display customized content.
- Limitation of advertising based on your data: Cookies store your decision to not allow the use of data on your sports activities for the purposes of profiling of the target group which we display ads to. In this case, we will display ads at our discretion, not based on data that would allow us to display relevant ads (e.g. if yoga is your main activity, we can use this information to show you relevant ads, whereby the advertiser will never learn the identity of the individuals who are shown the ads, only the common characteristics of all individuals in the target group – in this case everyone who does yoga).
Third-party cookies used by Sportoora:
5. How do we process your data?
Our vision is to encourage as many people as possible to be active on a regular basis. Our services are developed to help users track their activity goals and motivate them to pursue a healthy lifestyle. All the data that we collect on users are used to improve our services, optimise the user experience, and share useful and interesting information with you. How we process your data:
- To improve services: Information about how you use our services and with which other Sportoora user profiles you are connected helps us develop and improve Sportoora and display personalized content. Your location data is used to customize our services and the displayed content.
- To track posted content: When your friends tag you in a post, we notify you with a message in your profile inbox or an email if you have chosen email in the notification settings. We also notify you when you receive a new message or when someone comments or likes your posts.
- To communicate with you: We use your data to send you advertising messages, communicate with you about our services, and notify you about our Terms of Service and any changes thereof. We also use your data to reply to you whenever you send us a query. You will receive email messages from third parties – advertisers – only if you have consented to receiving such messages. We do not share you email address with advertisers.
- To conduct surveys and testing: We use data to analyse the performance of our services and test features to develop new functionalities and conduct troubleshooting.
- For advertising: The data that we have are used for improving our advertising and measurement systems so that we can display relevant ads and measures their effectiveness and reach. If you do not agree to having your data processed in a way that allows us to offer advertisers target groups based on selected parameters (age, gender, type and frequency of activities you do), you will be shown random ads, not necessarily ads that might be of interest to you. Bear in mind that we never share your personal data with advertisers, nor do we share any other data with which advertisers might identify individual users. The target group for their ad is formed by Sportoora, with the advertisers informed about the total number of users who were shown the ad.
- For protection and security: We use the collected data to verify user accounts and their activity, and to provide protection and security by detecting potentially malicious actions and violations of the Terms of Service. In order to avoid inappropriate content, images are scanned prior to posting by an automatic image moderation service xModerator. (https://xmoderator.com)
6. Sharing data with third parties
We will not share your personal data with third parties in a way that allows them to identify you.
7. How do we keep your data secure?
Sportoora has a variety of protocols in place to secure your personal data stored in our datacentres. All data in electronic form is stored on servers in accordance with applicable legislation and the Rules on the Protection of Personal Data, which are binding on our employees. To protect against unauthorized access to your personal data, we also use procedures such as password encryption and login auditing. Despite these precautions, you must realize that it is impossible to create a completely invulnerable system, which is why we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be 100% safe.
8. Your rights and how to assert them
We store your data for as long as required to provide you Sportoora services. The data associated with your user account will be stored until we delete the account. The data may be stored longer provided we have the legal basis for storage or have received an official request from an official body.
We assure you will be able to assert the rights listed below without undue delay and no later than within a month after we have received your request. We reserve the right to extend this deadline by two months at most when required by the complexity and number of received requests. In the event we plan to extend the deadline, we will notify you thereof within a month from the receipt of your request and provide the reasons for the delay.
When there are reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the individual making a request associated with any of their rights, we may request additional information necessary to confirm the identity of the data subject.
In the event requests by a data subject are clearly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are recurrent, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request.
In accordance with the applicable legislation, you may assert the following rights concerning the processing of personal data:
- Right to access data: The data subject has the right to receive confirmation from the provider as to whether their personal data is processed and, when this is the case, access the personal data and additional information concerning the processing of personal data. You may request access to data by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- Right to rectification: You may change the personal data that you entered during registration of your user account at any time in the Profile Settings. You may change all data except the username.
- Right to deletion of user account (“right to be forgotten”): You may delete your user account at any time, but you can never restore it again. The data may be stored longer if the processor has a legal interest to store the data for a certain period (e.g. legal requirement to store certain user data, proof of satisfaction of contractual obligations to user).
- Right to restriction of processing: The data subject has the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing of personal data in accordance with the prescribed processing purposes. You may restrict processing of your personal data in your user profile settings.
- Right to data portability: The data subject has the right to receive the personal data concerning them which they have provided to the service provider in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where such processing is based on user consent. You may request data portability by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to object: The data subject has the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning them when such processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the organisation or a third party. The organization stops processing the personal data unless it demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of personal data: The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of personal data. You may lodge such a complaint by email at email@example.com, or with registered mail sent to the registered seat of the organization.
Every data subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if they consider that the processing of personal data related to them infringes the legislative provisions on the protection of personal data.
9. Legal claims for consultation of data
We may access your data, store it and share it in response to a legal claim (e.g. search warrant, arrest warrant, summons) when we are convinced, in good faith, that such is required by law. Such action may also be undertaken when legal claims are made in other countries where the Slovenian legal order does not apply but are in accordance with internationally recognized standards.
We may also access your data and information, store it and transmit it when we are convinced in good faith that such is necessary to:
- Detect, prevent and address fraud and other illicit activities
- Protect you, others or us, including during an investigation
- Prevent actions that may result in death or direct bodily harm
For example, we may provide third-party partners with information about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse of our services. Information that we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for longer than customary in the event this information is the subject of a legal claim or obligation, investigation, or investigations concerning potential violations of our Terms of Service or rules. We may also retain data from accounts which have been disabled due to violation of our terms. Such retention may last at least a year to prevent recurrent abuse or other violations of our Terms of Service.